Residential Wood Garage Doors
Crawford Garage Doors sells and services residential wood garage doors from Carriage House Doors and Designer Doors.
Enduring Quality. Timeless Design.
You’ve built a beautiful home. Enhance its value with the perfect finishing touch: a custom wooden garage door from Carriage House Door Company. With distinctive period styles, Carriage House Door Company combines old-world design with state-of-the-art technology to replicate beautiful, period-style doors that compliment both new construction and tasteful retrofit. The result? A beautiful custom door that provides a dramatic finishing touch for your home.
About Carriage House
Carriage House garage doors are meticulously handcrafted to your specifications and are made from the finest materials available. Exceptional workmanship, superior woods and professional hardware are standard features, ensuring long-lasting beauty, reliable performance, and low maintenance.
Each overhead garage door in our extensive Carriage House collection offers the timeless beauty, authenticity, and quality of a carriage door constructed a century ago, yet functions using the latest modern technology. Carriage House doors will bring an added dimension of beauty and value to your home.
The experienced staff at Carriage House has manufactured custom wood doors for over 30 years. The result? A beautiful custom door that provides a dramatic finishing touch for your home.
Carriage House Wood Doors
Each overhead garage door in our Carriage House collection offers the timeless beauty, authenticity, and quality of a carriage door constructed a century ago, yet functions using the latest modern technology.
- 1/2 or 5/8 inch medium density overlay plywood (for paint grade doors only).
- 3/8 or 5/8 inch Breckenridge plywood siding
(for paint or stain grade doors).
- 1/2 inch marine mahogany plywood (for paint
or stain grade).
- Vertical grain western red cedar, incense cedar, fir, or any other available materials as specified.
Wire-brush option is available on all doors to produce a weathered effect.
- Stain Grade: Vertical grain clear western red cedar
(standard), STK incense cedar, vertical grain douglas fir,
clear heart redwood, mahogany, bonded to the facing
with exterior adhesive and galvanized finish nails.
- The concealed side of the trim is back-cut to prevent twisting and warping.
available as well. Insulated glass also available.
The following guidelines show the number of sections
for door heights of up to fourteen feet:
- Up to 8’0″ : 3 sections
- From 8’0″ to 10′ : 4 sections
- From 10′ to 12′ : 5 sections
- From 12′ to 14′ — 6 sections
Designer Doors: Custom Crafted for Lasting Beauty
Whether your home or structure is traditional, colonial, Victorian, Mediterranean, modern, contemporary, ranch or a pristine craftsman bungalow, Designer Doors has a variety of door design ideas for your garage door that will create instant curb appeal. Our products are ideal for both new construction and replacement during remodeling and renovation.
Pioneer at a Glance
- Solid non-finger jointed Douglas Fir frame for superior stability
- Rugged cope and stick joinery with pocket hole screws for maximum durability
- Proven moisture control system for longer life
- 1 3/8” polystyrene insulation core for added insulation value
- Trim boards on the garage door echo or contrast with other patterns found on the home’s exterior
- Trim variations—horizontal and vertical boards, cross-bucks, half-bucks, curved half-bucks
- Premium waterproof exterior adhesive, stainless steel fasteners
- High humidity/insect resistant packages
Pioneer: Legendary Doors by Designer Doors
Our handcrafted Pioneer garage doors offer luxury and unlimited custom options while providing unparalleled strength and beauty. Developed with pride in Wisconsin, these doors have been tested and proven for more than 25 years. Here in the Midwest, we know something about weather extremes. It’s not unusual to have dry, bitterly cold winter days – with temperatures near or below zero – followed by blazing summers with 100° days and high humidity. Year after year, our doors can stand up to the extremes of this region and any other.
Advanced Construction and Weather Resistance
Not only are our doors constructed to withstand extreme weather events, they also are built to handle everyday weather. Consider the superb technology in our moisture control system: impervious sealants, beveled trim board, integrated drip cap, built-in ventilation. And that’s just the beginning. This door sheds water brilliantly and helps prevent pooling, maximizing the life of the door.
Naturally, we’ll craft any wood you want into any style of door you want. Our design specialists will work with you to develop the door that’s not only architecturally perfect for your home, but also perfect for the weather in your area. We’ll also craft custom entryway doors, shutters, and gates—unifying your vision with harmonious architectural aesthetics.
Historic Re-creations Doors
Authentic, historically accurate, and truly inspired re-creations showcase our admiration for renovation and preservation projects. Garage doors that swing, slide or fold open—much like the very first garage doors—are finished to perfection.
Perhaps you simply prefer doors that function the way they appear. Then, we’ll craft a perfect blend of form and function, and yes, history, to create beautiful, architecturally accurate doors!
- Built on the Pioneer Framework for strength and quality
- Custom profiles from your drawing or sample, source-specific tooling, milled by our own craftsmen
- Historic restoration
- Authentic function—swing, slide, fold
Historic Lites™ Doors
Designer Doors Historic Lites garage doors provide a unique way to integrate architectural themes and decorative glass without sacrificing operational integrity. With Historic Lites’ substantial lite sections, you can complement a home’s existing window patterns and achieve Architectural Harmony™ without the usual limitations of garage door design.
Built on our Pioneer frame for lasting beauty, almost all Historic Lites doors have the same options as our Pioneer. What makes the Historic Lites door different is our engineering and hardware that provide the functionality for the large top section to roll up safely and efficiently.
Traditional Panel Doors
The perfect garage door can be a striking addition to your home—particularly when complemented by unifying entranceways, shutters, and gates. As an alternative to the Pioneer doors, our Traditional Panel door is a more historic option.
The construction of our Traditional Panel door provides the look, finish, and overall performance characteristics that few – if any – other companies can match. This door features clear, non-finger jointed Douglas Fir for a superior strength-to-weight ratio. The interior surface is covered in exterior grade plywood, and 1/2-inch expanded polystyrene insulation is standard. In addition, we apply the “Knockdown (KD) Application,” which means that the pieces are pre-finished before they are assembled to eliminate panel shadowing.
With the Traditional Panel, we also offer a wide range of materials and millwork options. Overall, the Traditional Panel door is designed to satisfy the vision of your project and accent the architectural integrity of the home.
- Time-tested stile and rail construction with solid Douglas Fir frame for superior stability
- Cope and stick joinery with pocket hole screws for ultimate strength
- Proven moisture control system for longer life
- High humidity and insect resistant packages
- Custom profiling in both panel and frame